Getting married was the easy part! Now, as a parent in a stepfamily, you face a whole new set of challenges as well as all of the old ones.
The Plaquemines Community C.A.R.E. Centers will be offering a new parenting program for stepfamilies this Spring – Active Parenting for Stepfamilies!
When a stepfamily is formed, everyone needs to learn new rules: Parents need to learn how to work together as a team. Children and teens must adapt to changes. Everyone needs to build good relationships with new family members. Active Parenting for Stepfamilies is here to help!
In six sessions packed with activities, discussion, real-world examples and feedback, you’ll learn a proven approach to parenting that will bring happiness and harmony into your home. You’ll also learn indispensable techniques and insights for overcoming obstacles and achieving stepfamily success. You’ll leave each session energized and motivated to make positive and realistic changes in your own stepfamily’s daily life.
The Active Parenting for Stepfamilies workshops will teach you the skills you need to build a successful stepfamily.
You’ll learn how to…
- blend family histories, traditions, and values
- cope with loss and encourage healthy grieving
- establish parental authority using non-violent discipline techniques that work
- improve communication and build new relationships based on respect and trust
- teach responsibility, cooperation, and other important values
- prevent or stop problems such as loyalty conflicts, power struggles, and more
- cope with difficult topics such as drugs, violence, and sex
- set boundaries that work for your whole family
- encourage your children to be their very best!
When: Begins April 30, 2015, Thursdays (6 consecutive Thursdays)
Time: 5:30-7:30 pm
Where: Plaq. Community C.A.R.E. Center -115 Keating Drive Belle Chasse, LA 70037
Fee: $20 Parent’s Guide, group sessions free of charge for Plaquemines Parish residents
*Must have an intake assessment completed before enrolling in group, call 504.393.5750 to sign up!
Please see attached flier for further details and information!